Urban scenes on the Wirral (page 4)

A row of shops on Pensby Road, Pensby, in the 1940s West Kirby, "The Ring-o-Bells" on Village Road in the 1930s, looking much the same 80 years later Neston Cross in the 1930s or 1940s Mostyn House School, Parkgate, still with an air-raid siren on the roof in the 1940s Neston, Shrewsbury Arms (later the Hinderton Arms) in 1952
"The Coach & Horses" Moreton when it was one big public house in the 1940s Saint Georges with Neston Road and Manor Road, Thornton Hough in the 1940s Outside Williams' Cafe on St. John's Road, Eastham, in the 1930s The No.15 bus to Burton negotiates a tight corner in Little Neston in 1963 The Crescent, Thingwall, Oaklea Estate newly built in 1954
Rake Lane, Wallasey, with a Woodside-New Brighton tram in the 1930s Egremont, Home for Aged Mariners overlooking the prom in 1963 The "Royal Oak" pub and Neston Cottage Hospital in 1963 Seabank Road, Wallasey, with a hop-on/hop-off No.1 bus in 1948 Kings Drive, Thingwall, Oaklea Estate newly built in 1954
Go to Page:
Boathouse Lane, Parkgate, looking towards the "Boathouse" in 1955 Moreton, Hoylake Road leading to the Cross, in 1959 The "Black Horse Hotel",Wallasey Village in 1930 did not survive the road widening The Crescent, Thingwall, Oaklea Estate newly built in 1954